Tyler Technologies | Latham, NY
Proposal Specialist’s primary goal is to ensure compliance with the RFP requirements, work with various departments to prepare written responses, and develop and maintain the required information needed for RFP responses.
Latham, New York
- Plans, implements and manages the proposal organization structure by closely analyzing the requirements of the RFP for compliance and the effectiveness of the proposal process and recommends changes when needed.
- Receives technical and business information and rewrites it in a way that can be easily understood and utilized by all.
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of the proposal preparation. This includes proposal organization, assigning proposal questions to subject matter experts, providing and managing deadlines, document tracking and version control through to final proposal submission.
- Communicates progress and outstanding issues throughout the proposal process to the necessary personnel.
- Coordinates and manages the proposal production process and ensures adherence to all required instructions and schedules.
- Ensures that the final proposal is in compliance with all RFP requirements and facilitates the timely submission of proposals.
- Maintains tracking and statistics on proposal success or failure after submission to the prospects/clients.
- Other writing assignments, as required, in support of the sales team.
- These may include, but are not limited to, email or memo editing, PowerPoint presentations, marketing research, and competitive information.
- Minimum two years of writing and/or proposal creation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related degree program. Master’s preferred.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment (both independently and as a team player).
- Enjoys working creatively and collaboratively to solve problems.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong professional and persuasive written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent time management, decision making, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- A positive disposition and ability to take the initiative.