Preservation Management, Inc. | Rochester, NY
Sign on Bonus $1500
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Rochester, NY area as our Property Manager. This individual should be familiar with the affordable housing industry, budgeting, compliance regulations of LIHTC & HUD.
Specific duties include:
- Maintaining the physical, financial, and program integrity of the property
- Ensure exclusive use of state specific LIHTC and HUD documents in property management software
- Managing resident re-certifications, rent increases, utility allowance changes, occupancy level, controlled expenses, customer satisfaction, management reviews, REAC/Agency Inspections, etc.
- Prepares all reports, including monthly management, weekly marketing, delinquency/occupancy, bad debt write-off, and expense reports.
- Managing resident selection procedures to ensure adherence to Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria
- Prepare for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews
- Help recruit, hire and train new employees assigned to the property
- Assist with the preparation of employees’ performance reviews, provide performance improvement counseling
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma;
- 2 years college or 5 years related property management experience preferred.
- Experience with business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, on-line database systems such as Boston Post Property Manager.
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in property management, tax credit, COS, or Rural Development training.
- Qualified candidates should possess a working knowledge of some or all of the following initiatives:
- Requirements for federal housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- HUD Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs;
- Rural Development 515 and Rental Assistance programs;
- FHA mortgage insurance programs as well as state funded housing programs.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive Salary. A sign on bonus of $1500 is being offered and will be paid out after 90 days of employment.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.