Property Manager, Affordable Housing
Preservation Management, Inc. | Rochester, NY
Preservation Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced Affordable Housing Property Manager for one of our multi-unit residential properties, James A. Dobson in Rochester, NY. Our On-site Property Managers oversee the performance of multi-unit residential properties and they ensure that the owners’ real estate investments achieve expected revenues. The On-site Property Manager handles the day-to-day operations of the property and coordinates all on-site leasing activities.
Specific duties include:
- Maintaining the physical, financial, and program integrity of the property; preparing and monitoring annual operating budgets, including capital planning;
- Ensure exclusive use of state specific LIHTC and HUD documents in property management software
- Managing resident re-certifications, rent increases, utility allowance changes, occupancy level, controlled expenses, customer satisfaction, management reviews, REAC/Agency Inspections, etc.;
- Managing resident selection procedures to ensure adherence to Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria, as well as all targeting occupancy requirements;
- Recruiting, hiring, and training new employees, as well as conducting performance reviews and performance improvement counseling.
- Prepare for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews
- Help recruit, hire and train new employees assigned to the property
- Assist with the preparation of employees’ performance reviews, provide performance improvement counseling’
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma;
- 2 years college or 5 years related property management experience preferred.
- Experience with business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, on-line database systems such as Boston Post Property Manager.
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in property management, tax credit, COS, or Rural Development training.
- Qualified candidates should possess a working knowledge of some or all of the following initiatives:
- Requirements for federal housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- HUD Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs;
- Rural Development 515 and Rental Assistance programs;
- FHA mortgage insurance programs as well as state funded housing programs.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive Salary.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.