Property Maintenance Technician I
Preservation Management, Inc. | Rochester, NY
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further. PMI takes great pride in not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but in the greater community as well.
Preservation Management, Inc. is seeking a Full-Time Maintenance Technician to maintain our residential buildings and the grounds on the property. This position is for one of our multi-unit residential properties located at James A. Dobson in Rochester, NY
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, or replace life-safety and emergency equipment, including any item considered a life or safety hazard by REAC, LIHTC, local Codes Department, etc.
- Take turns being “on-call” as part of a 24-hour emergency maintenance call schedule at a site (or at multiple sites).
- To ensure that the property is safe and maintained properly, conduct routine visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed; follow-up with residents’ work orders, as directed by the Property Manager.
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces for painting; use correct application techniques and tools; make sure all surfaces, equipment, and materials are clean when finished.
- Clean common areas frequently including: carpeting, painted surfaces, and stair areas; adhere to property owners’ and PMI standards for cleanliness.
- Conduct apartment inspections and coordinate the assignment of maintenance personnel to restore the unit to a “like new” condition.
- Keep the site grounds and landscaping neat and clean according to PMI and property owners’ standards; use all landscaping equipment safely; repair and replace concrete and asphalt walks and drives.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 1 years related property maintenance experience preferred
- Physical –
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.