Property Maintenance Lead
Preservation Management, Inc. | Rochester, NY
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Rochester New York area as one of our Maintenance Technicians. This individual should be familiar with the leading a team, able to delegate tasks. affordable housing industry, unit turns, performing routine and project-based maintenance tasks.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, or replace life-safety and emergency equipment, including any item considered a life or safety hazard by REAC, LIHTC, local Codes Department, etc
- Take turns being “on-call” as part of a 24-hour emergency maintenance call schedule at a site (or at multiple sites)
- Replace countertops, drywall, painting, flooring, and other items in a unit to make it "like new".
- To ensure that the property is safe and maintained properly, conduct routine visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed; follow-up with residents’ work orders, as directed by the Property Manager
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces for painting; use correct application techniques and tools; make sure all surfaces, equipment, and materials are clean when finished
- Conduct apartment inspections and coordinate the assignment of maintenance personnel to restore the unit to a “like new” condition
- Assistant in keeping the site grounds and landscaping neat and clean and repair/replace concrete and asphalt walks and drives when needed
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 2 years related property maintenance experience preferred
- HVAC Certification is a plus
- Physical –
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage and benefit package
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.