Preservation Management, Inc. | Rochester, NY
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Rochester New York area as our Leasing Specialist. This individual should be familiar with Property Management, especially in affordable housing. The Leasing Specialist interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy, acts as the Company's representative by conveying the benefits of the community, is responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident, and maintains communication throughout the tenancy of the resident.
- Lease apartments and aggressively sell the products and services of the property
- Conduct site tours including, but not limited to, showing and transporting/escorting prospects around the property to introduce them to the community amenities and show them the decorated model apartments and/or the vacant units available.
- Design marketing campaigns to generate activity, cold calling to businesses in order to get hot leads, and decorating units to become show units.
- Contact current residents in person and by written correspondence to renew lease
- Prepare all lease-related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Explain all lease documents to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed prior to resident move-in.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the apartment community such as answering the phone, taking work orders, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 - 3 years experience in affordable housing (LITCH, Section 8, etc...) preferred
- General customer service experience is required and knowledge of general administrative and clerical office procedures and systems, i.e. filing and answering the phones, etc.
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; experience with on-line database systems such as RealPage OneSite is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time hourly position with a competitive wage ($14.00 to $17.00 DOE) and benefit package
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) and ROTH retirement plans with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.