National HealthCare Associates | North Bellmore, NY
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingShifts: 3p to 11p and 11p to 7a
Responsible for the overall operation and optimal quality of care for the residents on the assigned unit. Follows all health, sanitary and infection control policies and maintains established standards of practice set forth by the facility's administration and the Nursing Policies and Procedures.
1. Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
2. Interest in the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with both.
3. Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
4. Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment. On call as necessary.
5. Practical Nurse licensed in the State of employment. Minimum one year of education or experience in geriatric nursing or rehabilitation preferred.
6. Knowledge of nursing theory and practice, including the administration of medications.
7. CPR certified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled