Janitor / Maintenance Technician I
Preservation Management, Inc. | Watertown, NY
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Watertown New York area as our Janitor / Maintenance Technician I. This individual should be familiar with cleaning of residential properties, inside and out, changing light bulbs, etc....
Specific duties include:
- To ensure that the property is clean and maintained properly inside and out
- Clean common areas frequently including:
- Vacuum and shampoo carpeting; wash, wax, and polish floors
- Dust and wash painted surfaces, and stair areas
- Wash and polish interior and exterior windows
- Dust and polish furniture in common areas; empty wastebaskets and transport trash to waste receptacles
- Keep public restrooms clean and sanitary and provide supplies as needed
- Dust and clean appliances in laundry rooms
- Change out Light bulbs when needed
- Help clean vacated apartment units to ensure unit is ready for occupancy
- Keep the site grounds and landscaping neat and clean
- Keep walkways free of snow as needed and be prepared to report to site early on the morning following a snow fall including holidays and weekends if needed. * If applicable, apply ice-melting products as specified by the product manufacturer; choose the proper snow removal equipment and use safely.
- Conduct miscellaneous minor repairs as directed
- To ensure that the property is safe and maintained properly, conduct routine visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed; follow-up with residents’ work orders, as directed by the Property Manager
- Candidates possess a high school diploma or GED; preferred
- 1 year commercial janitorial/custodial experience preferred
- Physical – Lift up to 30 lbs; Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time; safely climb ladders up to 26ft, shovel snow for long periods of time
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage and benefit package
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.