Assistant Director of Nursing Services
National HealthCare Associates | Port Washington, NY
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingAssistant Director of Nursing Services
Direct the daily routine functioning of the nursing staff by assuring the overall supervision of all nursing personnel concerned with resident care and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and facility regulations, policies and procedures.
* Directs and supervises Unit Managers, RN Supervisors and Charge Nurses RN/LPN in effectively accomplishing their duties.
* Acts as liaison between Director of Nursing Services and Unit Managers/RN Supervisors/Charge Nurses RN/LPN.
* Acts as a resource person in all areas of resident care.
* Assumes responsibility for coordinating Medical Director/Medical Staff/Consulting Physician rounds.
* Ensures that nursing services staffing needs and schedules are met.
* Assists in the interpretation of facility nursing policies and ensures implementation of these policies.
* Assists in recruitment and selection of nursing services employees.
* Assumes all responsibilities of the Director of Nursing Services in his/her absence.
* Responsible for documenting disciplinary concerns for RN Supervisors and Charge Nurses RN/LPN.
* Verifies that significant clinical developments are reported to the resident's physician and family.Ensures Medicare guidelines are met.
* Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Interest in the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with both.
* Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
* Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment.
* On call as necessary.
* Registered Nurse licensed in the State of employment.
* Minimum of three years additional education or experience in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing and one year of nursing services administration.
* CPR certified.
* Has background and understanding of Medicare guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled